3:24 AM

Sat for 30 minutes last night. I hadn't been sitting more than 20 min lately so I am glad I made myself do it. At one point some embarrasing memories came up. Nothing at all bad, just times I probably should have worded things differently or kept my mouth shut. I tried to sit with them but I had a very strong reaction to them. I do tend to run from embarrasing memories when they pop in. I often make a noise or sing a song, or move quickly, I just have to stop the thoughts. None of these are horribly bad memories, or moments of outright humiliation, but they pop in at random times and mess up my attempt at stillness. This fear limits my willingness to take chances with other people. Fear of rejection or embarrassment. It give me social anxiety and a lack of social confidence. I wonder who else has this issue.

0 comments:

Post a Comment